Well, here's my first post in over a year.
I just got back from Trek, and after the bishop spoke about the importance of journaling, I might as well jot down some stuff.
Trek was fun. It was hosted by Riley's Farm so I knew it was going to be decent. The first day there was a lot of walking but I won't complain because I could talk with my cousin and my "family" (not real family; just friends assigned to be in my group). We stopped often to listen to stories by historical figures. The food was great, although I'm not sure why they chose tacos and burritos for the first two meals of the trek. I slept in between my cousin and a certain wiggly individual. The next day was less treking and more activities, such as Riley's Farm's signature tomahawk throwing and archery. We had to bring the carts down a gorge where we had to take out all of our supplies and move the carts separately down a very steep hill. Yeah, it was complicated. On the last day of trek I slept in two hours, but it all worked out because I was still able to eat breakfast. Later in the day the boys were enlisted in a battalion where we marched around while the girls prepared for the last part of trek. I'm still angry to this day about not being able to trek up Testimony Hill with the rest of my family. Because of that, I'm not going to mention Testimony Hill again, although it was a big part of Trek.
At the end of the whole trek, all the youth of our stake were invited to share our testimonies and experiences. I did, and I said I was grateful for the opportunity to learn more about my great great-something grandparents who were real pioneers. Their story is one of hardship and faith, and it's truly inspiring.
Overall, trek was a great experience. I had a great time with all my friends and became closer with some people I know. I'd go back again soon, although it probably won't be for decades.
Due to my tendencies on this blog, it looks like I won't be posting for another year. Hopefully, I'll find another opportunity to blog about; and if not, I'm glad I created this blog, even if it doesn't last forever.
Thanks for reading, whoever you may be.
Love this and your attitude! Trek is amazing!
ReplyDelete