Last Friday we drove to the L.A. Zoo with Grandma Cook, Hunter, Charity, and Mom because we are learning about "Christmas around the World" for our school group. It was just our family (and Grandma). We were mainly there to study rainforest animals. We took a picture with this weird looking thing with a long nose (not an elephant!) that was sleeping right next to the glass in his exhibit. All I know about them is that they live on the ground floor of the rainforest. We adored some cute monkeys that were climbing around in a tree (in the thing with a long nose's exhibit!) together. Even though it was like 4 days ago when we saw the animals, I am forgetting all about them - so here I might leave out some animals! I saw some alligators, which at first I though were statues, and then we saw some birds (I think), and a tiger. The tiger was in a tiny little exhibit, but good thing that they were building a much bigger exhibit of him not too far away! Next to the tiger was a bird that was squawking so loud and high pitch squawks that it hurt everyone's ears. He reminded me of Charity! In the next exhibit we went too there were some monkeys. There was even this sad monkey sitting in the corner! We think he was sad because there weren't any other monkeys in his cage. I think after that we went down and saw some birds and then some tortoises. I'm pretty sure it was after that we started heading out of the zoo.
Once we headed out of the zoo we jumped into the car and headed for the Huntington Library. Again, we were there to study the rainforest, so we we headed to the rainforest area. Next to the rainforest area there was a huge line to meet Santa, but that's not important. Inside the rainforest area, there were these beads hanging from the ceiling. Each bead represented the water the rain forests got each year, or something like that. The rain forests had a ton of beads. There were beads representing were we live, however, and there were hardly ANY beads! Thanks a lot, drought! Anyways, we hung out in the rainforest and other inside areas next to the rainforest place. Nothing too exciting. We hung out in the kids area (the Huntington Library "kids" area actually isn't too kiddy) until it was time to go.
Of course, none of this was that exciting. But, my mom wanted me to write about it, so that's what I did. I'd rather be obedient and right about boring things then be a disobedient son and get in trouble! (I know my mom will use what I just said against me some day!)
I know what your asking: "What kind of blog is this there are no pictures! Whine whine whine whine!" Well, actually, I'm pretty sure you aren't thinking that. But you get the point... I know you want pictures. Well, I have some sad news then. WE HAVE PICTURES!!!! (So sad, right?)
There we are with that long nosed thing!




Tanner, I am so sorry it was not an exciting day for you but I am so glad you want to be an obedient son. :) The long nosed guy is called a tapir!
ReplyDeleteTanner, I can still see how excited you are about learning things even when you don't think it is exciting--you have always been excited about learning things. I love your accounting of the day and so glad that I could share it with you. Love, Grandma
ReplyDelete